What better way to say you love someone than with food? Especially in the form of heart-shaped Hindbærsnitter…
Hindbærsnitter are a Danish cookie, translates to ‘Raspberry Slice’, and can be compared to a homemade pop tart.
Made up of layers of sweet shortcrust pastry, sandwiched together with raspberry jam and then topped with simple icing and sprinkles.
(Makes 10, you will need a heart shaped cookie cutter)
(for the pastry)
- 100g cold butter
- 200g plain flour
- 30g icing sugar
(for the filling and icing)
- 150g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp raspberry jam
- sprinkles to decorate
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour and rub in the cold butter with your fingers until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add in the icing and sugar and whilst stirring with a knife, add a teaspoon of ice cold water.
- Continue stirring and adding water until the dough starts to come together (about 8 teaspoons). Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until 1/2 cm thickness, cut out with a cookie cutter and arrange on a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 200oC for 10 minutes, until golden and crisp. Leave to cool completely.
- In a bowl mix the icing sugar with a little water until you get a spreadable consistency.
- Spread one cookie with the jam and another with the icing and sandwich together, decorate with sprinkles and continue with the rest.
Bake cookies, spread love xoxo