Soft and creamy lemon cheesecake, baked till just set. Lemon makes for such a strong flavour and matches perfectly with the cream cheese.
Baked Lemon Cheesecake
(You will need one 8 inch spring release pan)
(for the cheesecake)
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 500g full fat cream cheese
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 lemons, zest
- 1 lemon, juice
- 3 eggs, beaten
(for the candied lemon)
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Begin by making the base, crush the biscuits in a strong bag with a rolling pin until all crumbled.
- Pour the biscuits and butter into a bowl and mix till combined, pour into the tin and press with the back of a spoon.
- For the cheesecake, put the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk for five minutes, the mixture should be pourable but thick.
- Bake at 160oC for 45 minutes, once cooked leave in the oven with the door slightly open until cooled.
- For the decoration put the sugar with 1 tbsp of water and heat, add the lemons and bring to the boil, boil until the lemons have turned translucent and soft, leave to cool on a piece of parchment paper.
- Arrange the slices decoratively on the top and leave to completely cool in the fridge until ready to serve.