Wonderfully moist, full of zesty lemon flavour with a crunchy sugar topping, lemon drizzle cake in muffin form.
Lemon Drizzle Muffins
(makes 6 muffins)
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 75g caster sugar
- 60g ground almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100ml milk
- 50ml lemon-infused oil (try this one)
- 1 lemon, zest
- sugar nibs, to decorate
(for the drizzle)
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl including flour, baking powder, sugar and ground almonds.
- In a jug place the egg, milk, oil and lemon zest and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix till just combined, spoon into muffin cases and sprinkle with sugar nibs generously.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180oC until golden brown. Whilst cooking, place the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan, heat gently to dissolve the sugar and then bring to the boil, boil for 2 minutes.
- Once the muffins are cooking pour over a little of the syrup and leave to soak in.