Signs of autumn are all around us, the leaves have changed colour and fallen, the mornings have a nice crisp air and the nights are slowly drawing in, so what better to celebrate this time then some autumn themed biscuits.
(for the biscuit dough)
- 150g plain flour
- 150g butter, softened
- 75g semolina
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
(for the decoration)
- 150g icing sugar
- 75g butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- chocolate strands to decorate
- Begin by making the biscuit dough by creaming together the butter and sugar till pale and creamy. Mix in the flour and semolina until it comes together. Leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness and cut out the biscuits. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 160oC.
- The biscuits should not be coloured, will still be soft but will set when cooled down. Leave to completely cool.
- For the buttercream decoration, cream together the butter and icing. Add in the milk and cocoa powder and mix till combined.
- Put into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle and pipe on the biscuits, sprinkle or dip into the chocolate strands. Finish off with piping a stem.
Simple to decorate, even easier to eat, enjoy!