A bread that needs nothing more, full of flavour, this bread only a spread of butter and you’re good to go.
Cheese and Chutney Cob
- 500g strong white bread flour, plus extra for kneading
- 7g instant yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp onion chutney (like this one)
- 120g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- Begin by mixing together the flour with the yeast, salt and cheese. Measure out 300ml of Luke warm water and add the olive oil to it.
- Mix the liquid into the flour along with the chutney and stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together into a dough.
- Tip out onto a floured surface and use you hands to knead for ten minutes until it comes to a smooth dough.
- Leave in a greased bowl to rise for one hour.
- Knock back the dough and shape into a pressed ball shape, leave on a greased baking tray to rise for another hour.
- Bake at 200oC for 40 minutes, the bread should be a golden brown hue with a hollow sounding base when cooked.