Honeycomb, cinder toffee, sponge toffee, whatever you call it, its whats in the inside of Cadbury crunchies and is absolutely delicious.
(you will need a sugar thermometer)
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g dark chocolate
- sunflower oil, to grease
- Line with baking parchment and grease a large baking tin, at least 8 inches.
- In a large saucepan, place the sugar and syrup and heat over a medium heat until melted. Without stirring, turn the heat to high and continue to heat till boiling, place a sugar thermometer in and once it reaches 160oC.
- Once it has reached this temperature, take off the heat and add the bicarbonate of soda and stir, it will fizz up and expand.
- Working quickly pour into the lined tin and level off, leave to cool completely at room temperature, it will take about 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate, break up the honeycomb into pieces and then dip in the chocolate and leave to set again.
Make a bonfire, eat cinder toffee and soak up al the autumnal feels, enjoy!