Fudge makes for a perfect homemade gift for any foodie out there with a sweet tooth. It takes little time to make, simple ingredients, easily customisable with very good results!
This fudge I made for my Dad, he’s mad for it, and we’re all mad for anything coffee flavoured and so combining the two meant that this fudge went down very well in the Farrant household.
Creamy Coffee Fudge
(you will need a sugar thermometer)
- 150g muscavado sugar
- 80g butter
- 1 can condensed milk (397g)
- 1 tbsp. camp coffee
- chocolate coated coffee beans to sprinkle
- Begin by melting the sugar, butter and condensed milk in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring gently with a wooden spoon.
- Once everything is melted turn the mix up to medium and whilst stirring constantly, bring to the boil.
- Continue boiling until the mixture reaches 113oC, stirring continuously. Once it has reached the required heat turn the heat off and add the coffee.
- Beat the mixture for several minutes until it has lost its shine and is getting thicker. Pour into a tin lined with grease proof paper, sprinkle over the coffee beans and leave to set at room temperature.
- Cut into squares or leave as a slab, put in an airtight container, store at room temperature.
Wrap with a bow, gift and enjoy!