The flavours of lime and coconut have me back on a beach in no time. These bars are made up of zesty cake topped with a thick layer of coconut cream and sprinkled with desiccated coconut.
Coconut and Lime Bars
(you will need a lined and greased tin)
(for the cake)
- 6oz caster sugar
- 6oz butter
- 6oz self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 limes, zest
(for the drizzle and icing)
- 2 limes, juice
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g coconut cream, melted
- 50g butter
- 100g icing sugar
- desiccated coconut to sprinkle
- Begin by making the cake by creaming together the butter and sugar till pale and creamy. Add the beaten eggs in one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Ad the zest and stir well. Sift in the flour and fold into the mix, pour into the lined tin and bake at 180oC for 30 minutes.
- When the cake has cooked, prick all over with a skewer and leave in cake tin. Put the lime juice and the caster sugar in a saucepan over a low heat and once dissolved pour over the pricked cake.
- Cream together the coconut cream, butter and icing sugar until you a creamy mix and spread over the cake once cooled. Sprinkle with the desiccated coconut.
Slice, serve and enjoy!