A cross between a pizza and a bread, this combines the best of both worlds with a soft bread base, drizzled with garlic infused olive oil, topped with sliced onions and freshly cracked black pepper, its a simple match.
Onion, Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Focaccia
(makes 2 breads)
- 475g strong white bread flour
- 17g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil
- 300g warm water
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- Place the fresh yeast and sugar together in a bowl and mix until it has turned to a liquid.
- Using a stand mixer, place the flour and salt in the bowl and using the dough hook start on a slow speed, add the water slowly, yeast mixture and 3 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Once the dough has come together, increase the speed and knead for 10 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Place in a greased bowl, and leave to rise, covered, at room temperature till doubled in size, roughly an hour.
- Knock back the dough and cut in half. Shape into rough ovals and place onto lined baking trays. Drizzle the other 3 tbsp. of olive oil over the dough.
- Using fingers, make indentations across the bread, sprinkle over the sea salt and sliced onion and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Cook at 210oC for 20 minutes.
Serve hot or cold, tear apart and enjoy