Lemon is my flavour of choice at the moment, making these mini is even better.
Thinly lined sweet crust pastry, filled with a creamy lemon filling and topped with anything small and sweet you can find.
Freshly whipped cream
Curled Lemon Peel
Individual Lemon Tarts
(for the pastry)
- 175g plain flour
- 85g butter
- 30g icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
(for the filling)
- 3 eggs
- 90g caster sugar
- 50ml lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 90ml double cream
- Make the pastry by rubbing together the flour and the butter till it resembles bread crumbs. Add the sugar and the egg yolks and stir with a knife until it comes together.
- If needed add a little water to bring the mix together and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry thinly and line the mini tartlet pans with it, cut a small piece of parchment paper and line and fill with baking beans.
- Blind bake for 10 minutes at 190oC. Whilst cooking make the filling for the tartlets.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Remove the baking beans and parchment paper from the cases and fill carefully with the lemon mixture.
- Cook at 150oC for 10 minutes, they will still wobble when brought out the oven first but will set when cooling.
- Decorate with whatever you have your hands on!
Serve up on a summery day, share with family and enjoy.