There’s nothing quite like a hot loaf out of the oven, spread liberally with rich butter. It’s one of life’s simple pleasures and this loaf is not exception!
Malty bread, sprinkled in with pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries. It works very well as a lovely breakfast loaf.
Cranberry and Pumpkin Seed Loaf
(makes 2 small loaves, eat one fresh, freeze one for another day!)
- 500g Malt House flour
- 1 sachet instant yeast
- 100g Cranberries
- 75g Pumpkin Seeds
- 300ml warm water
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Begin by adding the flour, yeast, sugar and salt to a mixing bowl, rub in the butter. Add the water and mix till a sticky dough has formed.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 10 minutes until the dough is now smooth and no longer sticky.
- Add the seeds and cranberries and knead till evenly distributed, divide the dough into two.
- Shape the dough into oval loaves and place on a greased baking tray, leave covered in a warm environment for one hour, or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 190oC for 20 minutes.
Eat it whilst warm and enjoy.