A treat for a loved one, or a treat for oneself, either way these easy shortbread biscuits are sure to go down a treat. I baked these for my family for valentines day and were enjoyed by everyone. The freeze dried raspberries add an extra crunch to the biscuit, you may struggle to find these in every supermarket but I got mine from Waitrose.
Raspberry and Almond Shortbread Biscuits
Makes 12 large biscuits, you will need a cookie cutter, this gorgeous heart cutter can be found here
- 230g plain flour
- 230g butter or margarine
- 115g castor sugar
- 60g semolina
- 60g ground almonds
- 10g freeze dried raspberries
- 50g dark chocolate
- Begin by creaming together the butter and sugar as you would a cake, till light and fluffy.
- Add the semolina, raspberries and ground almonds and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Add flour and mix, you may need to get your hands in there and give it a knead to get things looking like a dough. Place in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough till 1/2 inch thickness and cut out shapes, place on a greased baking tray and cook at 160oC for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, leave to cool before decorating. For the top simply melt the chocolate and drizzle over the biscuits.
Eat and enjoy!